BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur informed that Former Indian skipper Ravi Shastri has been named as the interim coach of Team India during the tour of Bangladesh starting June 10.
“BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya has named Ravi Shastri as interim coach of the Indian team. This is for the Bangladesh tour and future decisions will be taken after this,” BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said.
- Ravi Shastri served as Team Director during the tour of Australia and the World Cup earlier this year.
- This is a short arrangement for the short Bangladesh tour starting from June 10.
- BCCI is yet to decide on a full-time coach to replace Duncan Fletcher, whose contract has ended.
- India Team will play one Test and three One-Day Internationals during the tour of Bangladesh.
- Sanjay Bangar and Bharat Arun will continue to serve as the batting and bowling coaches respectively.
- R Sridhar was also retained as the fielding coach while Biswaroop Dey was named the team’s administrative manager.